Sowing takes time, consistency and diligence.
It takes time
- to plant the seeds of faith,
- to cultivate good habits in our children,
- to foster a relationship with our children,
- to build learning on a strong foundation — precept upon precept.
It requires consistency
- to encourage Bible reading each and every day,
- to lovingly correct the wrong behavior we see,
- to show love in action each day,
- to address each and every glimmer of a lack of understanding before moving on.
It requires diligence
- to ignore our fears and worries about our child’s future,
- to not become exasperated with the slowness of change,
- to love completely and fully without expecting notice or compensation,
- to carry through to the very end.
But look at the rewards of reaping what we sow! Lord willing, we will reap children
- who love the Lord with all of their hearts, minds, and souls.
- who are magnanimous and act in love toward their neighbor.
- who rise and call us blessed.
- who carry a love of learning with them throughout their lives.
Let us not lose heart in doing good, for in due time we will reap if we do not grow weary.