We have updated our August learning calendar for 2023. In August, we are typically wrapping up summer and looking ahead to a more routine existence! To that end, you’ll find fun, end-of-summer activities, but also some great resources to help you plan ahead:
- 22 free eBooks.
- 16 favorite finds.
- 15 tips for building concentration — great for transitioning from summer to focused!
- 10 free public domain read alouds for the pre-K to 2 group.
- 10 End of Summer ideas.
- 10 ways to incorporate music appreciation in the year ahead.
- 10 ways to learn during car trips.
- 9 summer fun activities including watermelon science, safe sun activities, and teddy-to-the-beach wrap-up cupcakes!
- 7 tips for choosing materials that will meet your family’s needs.
- 7 teaching tips including building a writer and teaching a child to read the natural way.
- 6 tips for creating a workable schedule.
- 5 of our free unit studies including the Rosetta Stone and fire safety with Smokey Bear.
- 5 poetry activities including poems by Robert Louis Stevenson and Christina G. Rossetti.
- 3 book activities including those for Blueberries for Sal.
- Free set of notebooking pages that goes with the free eBook Grammar-land.
- Free set of nature journal notebooking pages.
Updated links. New resources. Enjoy!