We recommend I, Columbus: My Journal, 1492-1493 by Peter and Connie Roop as part of our Columbus Day unit. This fun title is currently free to read as part of Amazon’s Kindle Unlimited Program.
I, Columbus: My Journal, 1492-1493 by Peter and Connie Roop, based on the journals of Christopher Columbus, is written in an engaging style that will appeal to young readers. Perfect as a Columbus Day read-aloud!
(Don’t have a Kindle? No problem! And, if you have never before signed up for Kindle Unlimited, you may qualify for one month free.)
Other titles that are also currently available to read free on Kindle Unlimited at Amazon include:
- The Way Things Work by David Macaulay (Kindle Fire only)
- The Complete Adventures of Curious George by Margaret and H. A. Rey
- Mr. Popper’s Penguins by Richard Atwater
- Sarah, Plain and Tall by Patricia MacLachlan
- Harry the Dirty Dog by Gene Zion (see our go-alongs.)
- Caps for Sale by Esphyr Slobodkina
Discovering Great Artists is also still available on Kindle Unlimited. Also be sure to check our recently updated 10 Children’s Classics You Can Currently Read for Free for more free-to-read titles.
Over the years, we have gotten a great deal of use out of Kindle Unlimited, but the program isn’t for everyone. You can read about 7 Things to Know About Kindle Unlimited to get a better idea of whether or not it will be right for you.