Summer is a great time to get outside and practice orienteering skills. This free download will get you started with several map and compass activities.
- Determine a direction using a watch.
- Determine a direction using the North Star.
- Locate features on a topographic map.
- Create contour lines for a 3D object.
- Identify the parts of a compass.
- Determine a direction using a compass.
- Determine a pace.
- Use a topographical map with a compass.
Obviously this 16-page download covers some ground!
Worksheets, maps, and labeled diagrams are included making it easy to create an orienteering notebook.
Great download perfect for keeping them learning during the summer! And free!
Wrong-Way Corrigan: A Compass Unit Study
Our free unit on using a compass!
Where is Your Teacher?
Another option from TeachEngineering.org.
7 simple activities!