We have updated Summer School for Mom guide — one of our favorites! Over the years we have received quite a bit of positive feedback from those of you who have found the guide helpful. Written with the DIY homeschooler in mind, the Summer School for Mom guide helps you establish your framework on the front end, so that in the fall you know where you are headed and how to get there. Some of the topics covered include:
- Determining fundamental ideas and values.
- Defining education and success.
- Respecting the child.
- Fostering a love of learning.
- Developing relationships.
- Establishing a routine.
- Providing time for thinking and exploration.
- Remaining inspired.
- Pulling from common learning approaches to establish our own.
- Setting goals.
- Differentiating between skill subjects and content subjects.
- Going at the child’s pace.
- Creating our “educational bucket list.”
- Incorporating natural learning.
- Selecting materials to fit you, your child, your family, and your goals.
- Determining what type of scheduler you are.
- Valuing productive time.
- Avoiding chaos.
- Considering the various ways to evaluate progress.
Our Summer School for Mom series is aimed at all who educate children:
- If you are new to educating at home, you’ll have a very defined road map to help you think out of the box and serve your children.
- If you are a veteran home educator, you’ll come away inspired and encouraged and armed with new tweaks.
- And if you are a tutor, mentor, or other type of educator, you’ll pick up ideas that can be used when educating children in any scenario.
Get ready, get excited, go!